Since we're going to be spending a lot of time in the command-line, let's install a better terminal than the default one. Download and install iTerm2.
In Finder, drag and drop the iTerm Application file into the Applications folder.
You can now launch iTerm, through the Launchpad for instance.
Let's just quickly change some preferences.
Colors and Font Settings
- Set hotkey to open and close the terminal to
command + shift + i
- Go to profiles -> Default -> Terminal -> Check silence bell
- Download one of iTerm2 color schemes from here, or my personal favs. And then set these to your default profile colors.
- Want something really fun.... Check out this... :)
- Change the font to 14pt Source Code Pro Lite. Source Code Pro can be downloaded from here.